INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Obtain About You
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the products and services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
· Contact information, such as name, phone number, and email and postal address;
· Account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access Luys products and services;
· The geolocation of your mobile device if you consent to the collection of this data;
· Product setup information, such as the name and description of your Luys product and the location where you install your Luys product, and adjustments you make to the product setup;
· Technical information about your Luys product, such as your Luys product’s model, serial number, and software version;
· Data about your interactions with our websites and mobile apps;
· Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages;
· Information we obtain from third-party social media services (e.g., Facebook) or payment services (e.g., PayPal) if you choose to link to, create or log into your Luys account through these services;
· Information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Luys, such as contact details, information in your resume and details about your current employment;
· Other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools on our websites or mobile apps.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
When you interact with our products and services, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website or app visits. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services; (3) tailor the services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our products and services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our online services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
· Provide our products and services to you;
· Establish and manage your Luys account and profile;
· Process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
· Personalize your experience with our products and services;
· Identify and authenticate you so you may access certain content or use certain of our services;
· Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse;
· Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services) and provide customer support;
· Perform analytics (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
· Manage career opportunities at Luys; including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other HR purposes;
· Operate, evaluate, develop, manage, and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
· Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
· Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
We also may use the personal information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps. The service providers that administer these services use automated technologies to collect personal information (such as email and IP addresses) to evaluate use of our websites and mobile apps. To learn more about these analytics services:
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you except as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with (1) our affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, customer service, order fulfillment and data analytics and storage. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (5) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the Contact Us section of this website
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us.
OTHER THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND FEATURES
Our products, services, or websites may allow you to link to those of third parties to provide certain features or experiences. For example, you may be able to connect your Luys device or account to a non-Luys service.
In addition, our website may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets, and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or PayPal buttons).
These third-party services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Luys is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices. By using or engaging with such services and features, you are requesting and authorizing us to transfer or provide access to information on your behalf, for example, your account ID, email address, data about your Luys device usage or collected by your Luys device, etc.
POLICIES FOR CHILDREN
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. Luys’ products and services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
1. Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Luys collects, or has collected, from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
· identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers;
· personal information, such as payment card information;
· your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you share this information with us as part of participating in our beta program or responding to a survey;
· commercial information, such as purchase history;
· Internet or other electronic network activity information;
· professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you interact with Luys as a representative of a vendor or business partner of ours; and
· inference data, such as information about your interest in different Luys products and services.
2. Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Luys disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
· identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if you choose to connect with us through our website;
· personal information, such as payment card details, for example if we use a third-party payment processor;
· your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
· commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
· internet or other electronic network activity information, such as crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
· audio or visual information, for example recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes; and
· professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you interact with Luys as a representative of a vendor or business partner of ours to conduct business between our companies.
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act, to request information about the collection of your personal information by Luys, or access to or deletion of your personal information. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Luys has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No Discrimination. Luys will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our websites to notify you of significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.